Vegan Broccoli & Mushrooms over Pasta with White Wine Sauce
Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free and Egg Free
by: Jessica Caracciolo
- Gluten Free Pasta (like: Ancient Quinoa Harvest Gluten Free Quinoa Pasta)
- 24oz bag frozen broccoli crowns
- 12oz container sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons soy free butter (like: Earth Balance Soy Free Butter)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 2-3 tsp salt to taste
- 2-3 tsp ground black pepper to taste
- Soy Free non-stick spray (Like: Pam for Grilling)
- Steam or boil broccoli crowns until desired doneness- usually takes on average 15 minutes. After it is done, set aside until the sauce below has reduced.
- Dice mushrooms into about ½ inch cubes.
- Put a medium size sauce pan on for pasta. Cook pasta accordingly- straining after done.
While broccoli and pasta are cooking above:
- Take out a metal fry pan and spray with non-stick spray. Place diced mushrooms into fry pan. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp soy free butter to the pan. Stir until evenly coated- keeping the heat on low. Place a lid over the pan to allow mushrooms to steam until done about 5-7 minutes.
- After mushrooms are done, strain the excess water from the fry pan by straining the mushrooms with a strainer. Pour mushrooms back into the fry pan as is. Turn the heat from low heat to high heat.
- Add another tablespoon of butter to the pan and season with salt and pepper (about 1/2 -1 teaspoon each- salt and pepper to taste). Sautee, until all mushrooms are thoroughly browned.
- When the mushrooms are all, well browned- take them off the heat for 1 minute and allow the pan to cool a little. Add: white wine, vegetable broth, 1 tablespoon butter, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper (about ½-1 teaspoon each salt and pepper to taste). Turn the heat back on medium high. Stir and let simmer/lightly boil until sauce reduces by about half.
- Add the broccoli crowns to the fry pan mixture. Season with salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and a pinch each of garlic and onion powder. Mix the broccoli in with the sauce and mushrooms. Stirring every couple minutes until evenly cooked through and coated.
- Place pasta on a dish, pour sauce with mushrooms and broccoli in it- over the pasta and serve immediately.
Jessica Caracciolo is a professional psychic medium, manifesting teacher, multi-modality energy healer, gluten, dairy, soy and egg free Vegan, holistic health advocate, writer, recipe writer, baker and professional artist in Massachusetts. Jessica can be reached at: www.JessicaCaracciolo.com